DT (Design & Technology) – Food Technology Teacher
Long Term until July 2021
Pay: Inline with Main and Upper payscale
Interviews – ASAP
“The effectiveness of leadership and management is outstanding” Ofsted
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Food Teacher that is able to start in December which is based in St Albans on a long term basis. You will be required to teach up to key stage 4 and have a passion for food and teaching.
Interviews will be taking place in the coming weeks, therefore we require you to submit your cv to be reviewed as soon as possible.
About the school:
This is a school is based in St Albans and has a great community feel and leadership, the head and all members of staff set high expectations of staff and students. Students are positivity challenged and encouraged to be the best that they can be so that, by working well together, everyone can succeed.
As an all-through school, supplying education from 4-19 on the same site, the school uses great educational practice from primary and secondary in order to address their needs at all levels.
About the job:
To teach, enthuse and inspire students about Food Technology, the successful applicant will be able to teach effectively across the full range of age and abilities. Possess high expectations of students in relation to standards of achievement and behaviour and also have an active input in the creation, consistent implementation and improvement of schemes of work which encapsulate key school learning strategies. The successful candidate will also monitor the progress of students including those requiring additional support and challenge them to ensure students are engaged in their learning and achieve success.
- Experience teaching Food Technology to key stage 3-4
- Qualified Teaching Status
- Have awareness of current educational developments
- Clear understanding of current issues related to the subject
- Ability to plan lessons effectively
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Attributes Excellent record of attendance
- Ability to work well in a team
- A sense of humour
- Ability to think originally and creatively
- Positive attitude
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Warmth and sensitivity
- Excellent rapport with students
- Commitment to the School and the students
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the update service
- Have the right to work within the UK
- Able to provide work references for at least the last 2 years
If you feel you would obtain job satisfaction from this post then we would like to hear from you.