Drama Co-ordinator – lead across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
Pay: MPS/UPS with TLR
Location: London borough of Harrow (near to the metropolitan line station and local buses run right outside the school gate)
Commences: January 2020 on a full time basis with potential to go permanent after a term for the right candidate
Interview will commence immediately with at least 48 hours notice.
We a looking for an enthusiastic and committed and experienced Drama co-ordinator to join a secondary academy within the Harrow area, this position is to start in January 2020 on a long term basis leading to a permanent position after a term.
The successful Candidate will have the confidence to teach and lead across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. You will be committed to using a range of innovative teaching and learning strategies, providing a motivating and structured learning experience to strive students in achieving their potential.
About the School
- The academy is a mixed academy with students from years 11-18, the academy has been rated Good by Ofsted and has an outstanding reputation for inclusion and academic achievement.
- Medium sized classes
- Modern and Vibrant School
- They believe the professional development of Middle Leaders is critical for the school’s success.
- Over 50%of grades were at the strong pass of 9 – 5 with over 20% at grades 7-9.
- They offer a highly supportive environment and a comprehensive CPD programme with superb promotion prospects and career development.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and friendly workforce
- Dedicated staff working areas
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Flexible working opportunities including part time or job sharing
- Ipads for all teaching and classroom based staff
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Teacher Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme
- Multi million pound refurbishment and rebuild
- On-site nursery
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking
- Prayer Room and space for religious observance
Job Description (but not limited too)
- Teach Drama to an outstanding level
- Plan and prepare lessons and include assessments within your lessons
- Co-ordinate the scheme of work and necessary training for the department
- Ensure that each and every member of staff have the right support and that they are working towards achieving the objectives set
- Attend SLT meeting and make a positive contribution within these meetings and on a daily basis
- Attend parents evenings
- Qualified Teachers Status (QTS)
- Experience in teaching Drama to KS3- 5
- At least 2 years experience as a drama co-coordinator interim or on a permanent basis
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a record of Good or Outstanding lesson observations
- Initiative, creativity and the ability to work within a team
If you are a Drama Co-ordinator who is ready to inspire students, please apply ASAP with an updated CV. Don’t delay – call today.
By Working with RT Education you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the South east
- Dedicated experienced Specialist Consultant
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee