Role: Qualified Social Worker
Unit: Safeguarding and Care Planning
Location: Bromley, London
Pay Rate: Up to £32 Per Hour – Negotiable
Qualified Social Work Job – Bromley Social Services – Safeguarding and Care Planning
Are you a Qualified Social Worker seeking a new opportunity in the Safeguarding and Care Planning Team in Bromley, London?
Look no further!
About the role:
As a Qualified Social Worker you will manage a caseload of children and families which includes, applying Child Protection and LAC Procedures as and when required, facilitating the provision and co –ordination of appropriate services, and working with families and young people to reduce the need for accommodation or care proceedings. As well as undertaking and participating in core assessments, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the Dfes. Assessment Framework. You will also undertake investigations under Section 47s on allocated and duty cases as required, and provide reports as required for child protection case conferences, CIN meetings, permanency meetings, child care reviews and in court processes, which may include giving evidence in Court. The successful applicant will also contribute to and assist in the progression of care plans for LAC in line with the Children and Families Divisions guidelines, to ensure that procedural requirements with respect to consultation and recording are adhered to. As a Qualified Social Worker, you are expected to have the ability to relate effectively to children, parents and carers, many of whom may be under stress, and hold skill in assessing and analysing situations and in formulating, implementing and reviewing, alongside service users, appropriate intervention programmes. You must be able to manage working time effectively in order to meet both professional priorities and administrative requirements and be able to demonstrate appropriate understanding, knowledge and skills in valuing diversity.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be SWE Registered
- Have experience in undertaking court work, worked cases in PLO, and completing connected person’s viability assessments etc.
- Have knowledge of the Children Act 1989, the 2004 Children Act Amendment and other relevant legislation, regulations and guidance such as new assessment framework
- Have knowledge of child development and of family functioning and dynamics
- Have knowledge of the range of services, which are available to children and families, and of the organisational framework within which they are provided
- Have knowledge of methods of social work intervention
- Hold a Full UK Driving License and have access to a car.
The successful applicant will be working through RT Social Care on behalf of our client based in Bromley, London!
Why work through RT Social Care?
- We offer competitive pay
- Free DBS Service
- Dedicated Consultant
- Excellent Back office compliance and payroll service
- Advances on first weeks’ pay*
- £250 refer a friend scheme*
- Training and Mentoring Service
- Summer and Festive parties
- Honest and Fair service
- Equal Opportunities Employer
If you are interested in the above role, please send us your CV by clicking apply!
*Terms and Conditions apply