SEN Teacher – Work From Home – Virtual School
We are currently looking for a SEN Teacher to work within a virtual school in the Islington area. this job is to start asap. You will be required to teach students currently under the childrens services – Children looked after
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To contribute to raising standards of achievement and promoting social inclusion through the provision of high quality professional services which meet the ever changing expectations of the customers, users, schools and clients we serve.
- To raise the educational attainment and achievement of children and young people in care and help to improve their life chances.
- To provide teaching, education support, advice, training and guidance for children and
- young people in care to Islington, Children’s Social Care and other Corporate Parents.
- Develop project work and be responsible for negotiated areas i.e. training, tuition service and Tracking
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To carry out the responsibilities of a main grade teacher.
2. To work towards raising the educational attainment of CLA through use of detailed attainment data.
3. To implement, monitor and evaluate additional packages of support, based on qualitative and quantitative evidence and educational data.
4. To be an active member of the Virtual School, providing regular reports of work undertaken with young people, social services and other agencies.
5. Develop, deliver and produce materials and resources for regular training programmes for social work staff and other Corporate Parents.
6. To provide guidance and advice to social work staff, carers and designated teachers on education legislation and guidance relevant to their work.
7. To assist social work staff, carers, and designated teachers in the provision of interim
education support for pupils who are ‘out of school’ on a short term bases.
8. To facilitate transition into appropriate educational provision for CLA, including those with EHCP’s.
9. To record in the relevant places and in a timely manner (within 5 working days) detailed case notes on all correspondence and decisions concerning young people.
10. Work alongside the Headteacher and other staff members on Business Development opportunities for the Virtual School, including initiation of projects, delivery and evaluation.
11. To assist in the assessment of CLA and contribute to annual review and full assessments as requested.
12. To advise and provide guidance to social work staff, carers and other staff in developing positive links with other education services, e.g EPS, CAMHS and other agencies.
13. To facilitate, support and audit Personal Education Plan (PEP) meetings and their outcomes.
14. To advise and liaise with all agencies, including CAMHS, regarding CLA with SEN and EHCP’s.
15. To work with the Virtual School Head in the overall tracking, monitoring, evaluation and the setting of targets of the education of CIPC, including those with SEN and statements.
16. To contribute to data collection and analysis of education outcomes of CLA and evaluation.
17. Coordinate, lead/ chair multi-agency education planning meetings as necessary.
18. To attend other professionals’ meetings to inform continuity and stability in education for CLA.
19. To take lead responsibility for the development of specific projects and areas of work with the Virtual School e.g. training, tuition service, literacy and numeracy, task groups and tracking
20. To contribute and take an active role in the planning of events and publications which enhances the awareness of CLA and celebrates their achievements.
21. To integrate Islington’s policy on equal opportunities in all aspects of the work.
22. To undertake appropriate professional development as agreed with the Virtual School Head.
23. To contribute to the professional development of the Virtual School, social work staff, carers and teachers.
24. To undertake other duties, as required by the Headteacher within the scope and status of the post.
- Degree or equivalent and qualified teacher status
- Relevant experience
- Successful in the area of emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Experience of working in partnership with schools and agencies
- Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice, exclusions and other relevant legislation
- Understanding and knowledge of recent guidance, legislation and policies in relation to
- CLA education.
- Ability to provide teaching for the educational and developmental needs of CLA.