Science Teachers Required
Hertfordshire- St Albans
Starting In September 2020
Are you looking for work September 2020?
We are currently recruiting for Science Teachers for a great school within the Hertfordshire – St Albans area.
About the school:
The school has a strong reputation as an innovative and exciting place in which to learn and to teach. It is a place where classic values of smart appearance, exquisite behaviour and acting with honesty mingle with modern learning and high academic standards.
Their clear definition of the characteristics of the schools leavers as a joyous young adult who is not just well-qualified, but also a well-rounded individual means that students leave us with enthusiasm, self-confidence and an ambition to change the world for the better.
The key to the schools accomplishment comes from their special programme, which builds over many years of experience of teaching students from Harpenden and its surrounding villages. The program evolves learning habits which, in addition to knowledge, allow their students to become resilient, resourceful and creative as they progress as learners. They develop these habits not only in their lessons but in the extra-curricular opportunities, sporting and musical events and on trips and visits within the UK or abroad which the school offer.
About the job:
The school are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher to join their high achieving and experienced Science Department. They offer a comprehensive induction and development programme for all staff, no matter what their terms of engagement. The school prides itself in identifying talent and developing its staff.
The successful applicant will be required to teach up to KS5, Science.
- The ability to use an creative range of teaching strategies to promote high expectations and high levels of challenge in the classroom
- The ability to plan for development in learning, using intervention as necessary.
- The ability to use assessment for learning to improve teaching and learning as well as to assess and record student progress
- The ability to establish a safe and purposeful working atmosphere that supports learning and in which students feel secure and confident
- The ability to make use of an understanding of ICT to develop teaching resources as well as to enrich the curriculum
- An enjoyment in working with young people
- A commitment to teaching the full ability range
- A commitment to working collaboratively within the faculty
- A commitment to raising achievement.
- An ability and willingness to aim inspire and motivate all learners
- Commitment, enthusiasm and energy
- Commitment to own personal and professional development
- The ability to a reflective and evaluative practitioner who is willing to learn and develop
- Willingness to contribute to faculty extracurricular activities
- Experience Teaching in Science
- Qualified teaching status or equivalent
- Qualified or Unqualified
Why work through RT Education
- We offer competitive pay and pay to pay scale from day one where possible
- Refund of DBS*
- £250 refer a friend scheme
- Summer and Festive parties (Food and drink all paid for)
- Prizes and Gifts Provided
- Honest and Fair service
- Equal Opportunities
- And much much more….
If you feel you would obtain job satisfaction from this post then we would like to hear from you.