Learning Support Assistant
Pay: Teaching Assistant Pay Scale
Location: Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire
Commences: ASAP on a Permanent basis.
Interview will commence immediately with at least 48 hours’ notice.
We a looking for an enthusiastic and committed and experienced Learning Support Assistant to join an Independent Primary School with Early Years Foundation Stage students within Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire. This position is an ASAP start on a permanent basis.
The successful Candidate will have the confidence to assist across EYFS. You will be committed to using a range of innovative teaching and learning strategies, providing a motivating and structured learning experience to strive students in achieving their potential.
About the School
The School is located in Bishop Stortford Hertfordshire, which holds the Ofsted rating of Outstanding, and successful pass rates for GCSE and A-Level results. The School is a modern site which feels warm and welcoming from the moment you walk in. The School pride themselves with the fact of putting the students at the heart of the School and ensuring that they have every opportunity possible this includes lots of Extra Curricular Activities and Rewards Schemes. The approximate number of students is currently at 1,250 with classes exceeding no more than 30.
The School has plenty of free Parking on site
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and friendly workforce
- Dedicated staff working areas
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Flexible working opportunities including part time or job sharing
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Teacher Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme
Job Description (but not limited too)
- To take initiative in the classroom to support the teacher in meeting the needs of all our learners.
- To take into account students’ special needs and support their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, equipment and materials.
- To build and maintain successful relationships with the pupils, treating them consistently, with respect and consideration.
- To contribute, when requested, either verbally or in writing, to reports or other communication with parents, and with external agencies.
- To conduct intervention and support lessons for individual, pairs and/or groups of pupils when appropriate/needed. This to include thorough record keeping, planning and evaluation.
- To regularly read the profiles for the pupils you work with, to ensure that you are aware of their specific needs and difficulties.
- As requested serve as a scribe or reader in mock examinations for Prep School and Senior School pupils.
- To support pupils in developing study/revision skills and organisational skills.
- To support the development of pupils’ confidence and self-esteem.
- To support pupils with complex needs with their transition into the College and/or to other stages of the College if appropriate.
- Experience as a Learning Support Assistant
- At least 1 years’ experience as a Learning Support Assistant or Teaching Assistant interim or on a permanent basis
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a record of Good or Outstanding lesson observations
- Initiative, creativity and the ability to work within a team
By Working with RT Education you will receive the following benefits:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to vacancies across the South east
- Dedicated experienced Specialist Consultant
- Excellent Aftercare Service
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
- £250 referral fee