Geography Teacher Required
Hertfordshire – St Albans
Full – Time
Start Date April 2021 – Maternity cover for one year
About the school:
The school are dedicated to the enrichment of all students and believe that every single person has the right to the best education possible.
The school pride themselves on being able to recognise the singularity of every single student, implement a safe, happy and healthy environment.
They are a genuine learning community that is dedicated to accomplishing excellence in all they do. The school believe in the capacity and potential of every child.
The school aim to find the balance between being ambitious, rigorous, uncompromising and academically outstanding, with making sure their young people are nurtured, cherished and cared for. Our school cannot simply be measured by outcomes alone, but by the people it helps to shape.
About the job:
The school are looking to appoint a Geogrpahy Teacher join them on a full time basis from April 2021 for a year to cover maternity. You should be able to inspire their pupils to reach their potential. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, forward-thinking and ambitious professional who enjoys being responsible for developing Geography throughout the school. The successful candidate will need to be able to teach to a high standard but also be innovative and creative in your approach, and to be committed to a whole school ethos.
The successful candidate will be required to be teach KS3 and KS4.
- Be able to work in a fast pace environment and work under pressure
- Ensuring A Safe Environment
- The ability to use an creative range of teaching strategies to promote high expectations and high levels of challenge in the classroom
- The ability to plan for development in learning, using intervention as necessary.
- The ability to use assessment for learning to improve teaching and learning as well as to assess and record student progress
- The ability to establish a safe and purposeful working atmosphere that supports learning and in which students feel secure and confident
- The ability to make use of an understanding of ICT to develop teaching resources as well as to enrich the curriculum
- An enjoyment in working with young people
- A commitment to teaching the full ability range
- A commitment to working collaboratively within the faculty
- A commitment to raising achievement.
- An ability and willingness to aim inspire and motivate all learners
- Commitment, enthusiasm and energy
- Commitment to own personal and professional development
- The ability to a reflective and evaluative practitioner who is willing to learn and develop
- Willingness to contribute to faculty extracurricular activities
- Experience Teaching Geography either qualified or unqualified
- Passionate for teaching
- Able to start in April 2021
- Have experience following the AQA syllubus but not essential