Role: Qualified Social Worker
Unit: Looked After Children And Permanency
Location: Wembley, London
Pay Rate: £30 Per Hour – Negotiable
Qualified Social Work Job – Wembley Social Services – Looked After Children And Permanency.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Qualified Social Worker to join the Looked After Children And Permanency based in Wembley, London.
About the role:
As a Qualified Social Worker, you will be responsible for providing high quality child and family assessments in relation to: children in need, those who require protection, or those who are cared for by the local authority. You will hold a maximum caseload of 20 cases, and deliver effective case plans for all young people on your caseload, and amend these when necessary. You will regularly observe and revise the progress of young people, and assess circumstances where children are referred as being in need of support, protection, or care provision and take appropriate action based on evidence. High quality verbal and written reports are expected from you for a range of professional and legal forums, and professional decisions which comply with departmental policies and procedures and contribute to the priorities framework. As a Qualified Social Worker you will be implementing agreed care plans, and preparing young people for permanent placements (adoption and long term fostering). You will provide secure and stable alternative homes for children who can no longer live with their birth family, ensuring that the young person has distinct information about their background and can retain contact with relatives whenever possible. You will be developing clear plans with detailed actions and timescales to attain agreed outcomes, and monitoring the progress of young people in line with statutory requirements and local procedures.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be SWE Registered
- Have knowledge of child care law, and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after
- Have an understanding of the needs of children who are looked after, and the ability to develop suitable plans for them in partnership with their parents/carers
- Have involvement in dealing with a range of child social work cases in a full caseload
- Experience of dealing with families taking legal action
- Experience of service planning, dealing with legal applications relating to children, and dealing with complex and challenging family issues involving high levels of risk.
The successful applicant will be working through RT Social Care on behalf of our client based in Wembley, London.
Why work through RT Social Care?
- We offer competitive pay
- Free DBS Service
- Dedicated Consultant
- Excellent Back office compliance and payroll service
- Advances on first weeks’ pay*
- £250 refer a friend scheme*
- Training and Mentoring Service
- Summer and Festive parties
- Honest and Fair service
- Equal Opportunities Employer
If you are interested in the above role, please send us your CV by clicking apply!
*Terms and Conditions apply